Airdropping editions is when you send editions of your song to specific wallet addresses free of charge for the recipient. It will cost you some ETH to pay for the gas fees associated with airdropping and the more editions you airdrop, the more it will cost in gas.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Access to the wallet that you used to deploy your contract on Sound.
- Some ETH in your wallet to pay for gas fees (approx 0.01 ETH)
- List of the wallet addresses you want to airdrop editions to
Go to your song page on sound.xyz
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page & click on the “Show Contract Details” button.
- Click on your “Song Contract Address”
- On Etherscan, click on “Contract”, then “Write Contract”. Right below that, click on “Connect to Web3” and connect using the wallet you used to upload the song.
- Click on “1. airdrop”:
- Enter “0” for payableAmount under airdrop
- Enter “1” for tier (this is the limited edition, use 0 for forever edition)
- Fill in the “to (address)” field with the wallets you want to airdrop editions to, separated by commas (do not put wallet addresses in parentheses or quotation marks)
- Fill in the “quantity” field with the number of editions you want to airdrop to each wallet.
- If you input “1”, that means every wallet will receive 1 edition.
Note: gas increases as you airdrop more editions