Artists and curators are rewarded for contributing to the ecosystem through fees directly built in at the protocol level.
For all songs uploaded after December 19, 2023, artists will earn rewards on every single mint, whether it’s free or paid.
Here’s how it works:
- For free mints (free editions and free limited editions), artists always earn 0.000555 ETH per mint.
- For paid mints (paid limited editions), artists always earn 0.000222 ETH per mint + 100% of the sale proceeds.
We believe artists should be paid rewards on every mint.
Anyone can be a curator on Sound. Share your favorite songs, create playlists, or embed songs and playlists into your own website, blog, or newsletter, and earn $ from every primary mint generated from your referral links.
With Curator Rewards, artists can build their own street team on Sound and everyone in the ecosystem benefits from more organic sharing of music.
What qualifies for a Curator Reward?
You can only earn a Curator Reward for primary mints generated directly through your referral links. Secondary sales are not currently eligible.
- For free mints (free editions and free limited editions), curators earn 0.000222 ETH for every referral.
- For paid mints (paid limited editions), curators earn 0.000555 ETH for every referral.
It’s important to note that all curator fees are taken out of Sound’s platform fee. Artists are not losing anything when a curator shares their music.
Note: For songs released prior to December 19, 2023, curators earn 5% of primary sales and 2.5% of Sound Swap purchases.
How do I start earning?
There are three ways to earn through Curator Rewards:
- Share a song by copying your referral link or embedding the song on your website, blog, or newsletter. Any mints driven through your link or embed is considered a referral.
- Create a playlist with your favorite songs. Any mints driven on your playlist is considered a referral.
- Post to the Sound feed. Any mints driven through your post is considered a referral.
Withdrawing your earnings:
Withdraw your earnings by navigating to the "My Earnings" page, where you can find a breakdown of earnings by song.
Click "Withdraw All" to withdraw your earnings to your wallet.